Las Vegas Medical Detox Program
Get Clean in a Safe, Monitored Environment
One of the biggest obstacles to recovery is withdrawal. The more severe the addiction (as measured by length and quantity of use, age of first use, method of administration, longest period of sobriety), the more serious the withdrawal symptoms. Many people who want to get better relapse once the withdrawal symptoms kick in. This is where medical detox helps.
In The Nestled Recovery Center’s Medical Detox Program, patients are closely monitored as they go through withdrawal. Our Medical Director prescribes tapers and/or medications that curb cravings and manage withdrawal symptoms. Detoxification is one of the most important steps in recovery. Withdrawal symptoms can be life-threatening, so it is critical that anyone ready to get clean get help from an experienced medical professional.
Our Las Vegas detox center helps people safely get clean from a variety of addictive substances, including:
- Alcohol Detox
- Benzodiazepine Detox
- Cocaine Detox
- Fentanyl Detox
- Heroin Detox
- Methamphetamine Detox
- Opiate Detox
- And more
Call (702) 299-6406 today if you or a loved one needs medical detox in Las Vegas.
Is Medical Detox Always Necessary?
Detoxification should never be unsupervised, but a full medical detox program is not always needed. Social detox is a less intensive program that does not supply the patient with any medications. This method is only for patients who haven’t had a long-term addiction and won’t experience some of the more serious withdrawal symptoms. Do not enroll in a social detox program without consulting with an addiction treatment specialist first.
The Detoxification Process
Detoxification follows a three-step process:
- Evaluation: The first thing to do is find out how severe the addiction is. This is accomplished through a physical exam and questionnaire. Patients are also screened for co-occurring mental health disorders. All of this information will help guide the course of treatment.
- Stabilization: The actual detox process. During stabilization, patients are provided with medications and counseling to help them stay stable and handle withdrawal symptoms. Withdrawal symptoms are usually worse in the first week, but the long-term effects can last for months. The most serious problems are cared for in our 10-20 day detox program.
- Preparation: Detox is only one of the beginning steps towards recovery. All patients are encouraged to enroll in a full-fledged rehab program afterward which could last up to 30 days. This is the only way to address the underlying causes of addiction and equip people with the tools they need for long-term sobriety.
What to Expect When Going Through Withdrawal
The withdrawal experience will be different for each person. Symptoms of withdrawal can range from mild to severe and will primarily depend on factors such as:
- The type of substance you are addicted to
- The length of time you have been abusing the drug
- The average dose of the drug you were taking
- Your age, physical and mental health
- The specific type of withdrawal process used
Symptoms may include insomnia, irritability, mood swings, depression, anxiety, body aches, intense cravings, hallucinations, and nausea. In severe cases, withdrawal may include paranoia, confusion, tremors, and disorientation. While it may be unavoidable, withdrawal does not last forever. Our team of detox professionals will monitor your condition and ensure you are as comfortable as possible during this critical phase of recovery.
Quitting "Cold Turkey" Is Dangerous
Quitting a substance suddenly or abruptly, otherwise known as "cold turkey," can carry significant risks. Many people feel that they can more easily separate themselves from the world of unrestrained drug use if they do so completely, avoiding all of the people and reminders of their habit in order to start fresh. While this may sound like an appealing option on the surface, the reality is not so simple.
Depending on the intensity and length of a person's addiction, withdrawal symptoms can often drive a person to immediately relapse in order to achieve temporary relief, putting an end to their sobriety journey before it can even begin. Additionally, some withdrawal symptoms can be so intense that they can trigger potentially life-threatening medical conditions such as heart problems or seizures. For these reasons, quitting an addictive substance is always safest under the supervision of a licensed medical professional.
Contact Our Las Vegas Addiction Detox Center
The Nestled Recovery Center is a detox and addiction treatment center. Our patients can immediately enroll in our intensive inpatient program as soon as their detoxification is complete. This provides our team with more time to prepare individualized treatment plans. You can trust that our compassionate team will do everything in its power to help you or your loved one.